Monday, April 2, 2012

Easter Bonnet Tutorial and Pre-Primer Sight Word Sheets

Every year my son's school has an Easter Bonnet Parade.  Each child is supposed to make a bonnet and then they parade around the outside of school to show off their bonnets.  Then they pick one winner from every level to be the winner.  The winner usually gets a treat bag as the prize.  This year Liam wanted an Angry Birds hat.  He also wanted it blue because that is his favorite color.  Here is what I started with.

Here are my supplies.

 Liam wanted a blue hat so I painted the hat blue.

 More paint. 

 I got styrofoam eggs so I could paint them the colors I needed.  While the blue paint was drying I started painting the eggs.

 More paint.

 I added straw to the hat (of course it had to be blue).

 The eggs are starting to come to life.  Can you tell yet what I am making?

 Ta da!!!!! Here it is!  Pigs with Angry Birds!

 Liam loves it.  He keeps asking to wear it. 

Here it is up close and personal.  The Pigs, The Red Angry Bird, and The Blue Angry Bird.


Here are past years bonnets.

 2010 Yo Gabba Gabba!



2011 Spongebob Square Pants


Also, I uploaded Pre-Primer Sight Word Sheets to my shops.  Check them out.


I am working on Primer, First, Second, Third Grade worksheets as well as the Fry List.

Skip To My Lou Today's Creative Blog

3 comments: